Monday, March 7, 2016

Day 42 02/02/2016: What's on earth am I here for?

OVERCOMING THE FEAR OF REJECTION
Proverbs 29:25
Rick Warren


Prov. 29:25 "Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe."

1.  WHAT THE FEAR OF REJECTION DOES TO US

               *     Allows others to manipulate us
               *     Causes us to conform to peer pressure
               *     Keeps us from speaking the truth
               *     Prevents us from giving and receiving love
               *     Causes shyness and loneliness
               *     Produces depression and unhappiness
               *     Silences our sharing about Christ

       (Saul) "I sinned . .  . I was afraid of the people so I gave in to them."  1 Sam. 13:23

       ". . . many believed in Jesus.  But they would not admit it for fear of the Pharisees. . . . They were more concerned to have the approval of men than the approval of God."  
John 12:43-44 (Ph)


2.  HOW TO OVERCOME THE FEAR OF REJECTION

       *     Put God in first place.

       "The Lord is my Light and my Salvation.  I will fear no one."  Ps. 27:1 (GN)

1) only to be love
No human being can fulfill all your need of love. 

       "Save me from the insults I fear . . . I want to obey Your commands . . . . Show me how much You love me, Lord.  Then I can answer those who insult me."  Ps. 119:39-42 (GN)

       "For yourself, concentrate on winning God's approval. . ."  2 Timothy 2:15 (Ph)

       
       *     Put  people in their place.

       "The Lord says, `I am the one who strengthens you.  Why should you fear mortal man who is no more enduring than grass?'"  Isa. 51:12 (GN)

       "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."  Gal. 1:10

       "If God is for us, who can be against us?"  Rom. 8:31

       The Truth:  ___________________


       *     Put  myself in the proper place.

       "You (God) made man inferior only to Yourself; You crowned him with glory and honor."  Ps. 8:5 (GN)

       ". . . Through what Christ did not us, He decided to make us holy in His eyes, without a single fault -- we stand before God covered with His love."  Eph. 1:4 (LB)

       "It is not self-commendation that matters, it is winning the approval of God!"  2 Cor. 10:18 (Ph)

       "Even if my mother and father forsake me, the Lord will receive me."  Ps. 27:10

No comments:

Post a Comment