Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Allowing God to Write your Love Story

I don't know about you, but every time I see posts on Facebook about friends my age who just got engaged or who just got married, I sometimes can’t help but wonder if or when that will happen for me. The times when I am asked that question, "Why don't you have a boyfriend?" I simply say that I am waiting for that special man that God has planned for me to be with.

Sometimes the responses I get from people who ask me that question are the strange looks they give or they say, "Girl, you need to get out there and date!" The problem with that statement implies that in order for me to find happiness and feel whole, I need to be in a relationship. Don't get me wrong, I do long for that day when I meet the man God created me to be with; however, if I rush and put matters into my own hands and not God's, I will miss out on that beautiful relationship, that amazing love story that could only be orchestrated by my Heavenly Father.

You see, when God writes our love story, that relationship, that marriage between a man and a woman lasts forever, even in the midst of the storms they face, nothing will separate them because they have God in the center of their marriage. When many marriages and relationships split and break apart, it is because they do not have God in the center. Often times, people, especially women feel the pressure to be in a relationship; they fall for anyone who comes into their lives because they don't want to be alone.

They want to be happy and whole. But the truth of the matter is that no man or woman can ever make you feel whole. The only One who can ever make you feel whole and satisfy your every desire and longing that you have is Jesus Christ. You see, Jesus paid that ultimate price for you and I so we could be reunited with Him, so we could have a relationship with Him. Jesus is our bridegroom, and we are His bride.

For as a young man marries a virgin, So shall your sons marry you; And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, So shall your God rejoice over you.

(Isaiah 62:5 NKJV)

In this season of singleness, I choose to embrace this time that I have growing in my relationship with God. Instead of dwelling on the fact that I don't have a boyfriend, I choose to discover and utilize the gifts and talents God has blessed me with and use them for His glory. As I enjoy this season of singleness, I ask the Lord to prepare me to be the woman of God that a man of God would want to be with. As I fall deeply in love with Jesus each and every day, I pray that the man I meet someday would be a man after God's own heart who seeks God first in order to get to me.

He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the Lord.

(Proverbs 18:22 NKJV)

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

(II Corinthians 6:14 NKJV)

When we allow God to write the ultimate love story in our lives, we experience the many blessings and the joy that awaits us when we meet the one God intended for us to be with. But during this time of singleness, it is very important that our focus is on our growth and walk with the Lord. That any baggage or brokenness that we have we lay it at Jesus' feet. That we allow Him to restore what was broken in us to be made whole and new. Now is the time in our lives to discover and walk in the identity God created in us. Your identity is not about whether or not you get married by the time you are 25 or 30. Your identity is about knowing who you are in Christ and developing your relationship with the One who endured death on the cross so that you could have life in Him. Now that IS the ultimate love story!

No comments:

Post a Comment